Joining the Bethlehem Food Co-Op as a member entitles your household or organization to certain benefits, and makes you an owner!
You join BFC as a household (no matter how many people are in it) or organization (any legal entity), and you only join once – no other payments once your membership fee is paid.
Everyone will be welcome to shop at our co-op – whether they are a member or not – but we think the perks of membership (below) make joining BFC nearly irresistible!
Interested in giving a gift membership? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be glad to help.
Now is an especially good time to join – we have announced our location at 250 E. Broad St. in Bethlehem, and are looking ahead to opening our store in early 2024. We know from other successful co-op’s that a strong membership base will ensure a thriving business, well into the future.
Will you help us continue to grow? Here are just a few of the many benefits of joining:
- Being a Part of Something Bigger: Join with others who share similar values, and who also want to help create a more vibrant community.
- Sustainable Investment: Members experience the satisfaction of investing in an organization that supports local business, local farmers, organic production, fair trade, human cooperation, and healthy living.
- Join and You Own the Place: You have an equal ownership in the co-op with other invested members.
- Democratic Governance: Each member has a say in how the co-op is governed, by voting at our Annual Meeting in October. Members elect the Board, and any member can serve on the Board.
- Discounts: Use your membership now at local participating businesses.
- The Privilege of Participation: Members (and friends) are welcomed and encouraged to get involved! Our committees, work teams, and other volunteer opportunities are open to all. Most gatherings are currently via Zoom. If you can’t make it but have ideas to share, please contact us at email@example.com.
- When the Store Opens: As a member, you’ll enjoy special prices on certain products, and member discount days. Plus, you’ll earn a percentage of the store profits.
Are you ready to invest in the Bethlehem Food Co-Op as a member and do your part to help bring a community-owned, full-service grocery store to downtown Bethlehem? Excellent!
The one-time cost of equity share membership for a household or business is $300. These funds help us with the expenses associated with building our organization and our future brick-and-mortar store.
You Have These Options:
- Make a one-time payment of $300 (check, credit card or cash)
- Choose 12 monthly payments of $25 each or 30 monthly payments of $10 each, which are paid through your Paypal account or you can be invoiced so you can pay by mail
- Our “Membership for All” program provides membership scholarships for those who request them; check the details and complete the short application form to apply. Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Paying for Membership:
If paying for your membership online, complete the online form below, and submit your payment. We currently use PayPal.
You will receive a confirmation to the email address you enter, followed by an introductory packet (including your membership card) in the mail!
And consider giving the gift of a Bethlehem Food
Co-Op membership! Follow the steps above using the contact information of the person(s) you’re gifting the membership to. Send an email to email@example.com saying the membership is a gift, and any message you want to include.
MEMBER BENEFITS PROGRAM
Even before you can shop at our brick-and-mortar store, you can present your membership card at the following partners to enjoy discounts and perks! Note that business owners maintain final say in applying your discount to special orders or discounts.
Interested in becoming a member benefits partner, or have an idea for a new partner? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Become a Vendor
Although our store is not yet open, the Bethlehem Food Co-Op is working to build strong relationships with local farmers and producers in anticipation of opening our brick-and-mortar grocery store.
We are interested in having conversations with farmers, bakers, butchers, health & beauty supply producers… if you are local to our region and produce any item that might be found in a full-service grocery store, let’s talk!
Here’s how to get in touch with us:
Bethlehem Food Co-Op
P.O. Box 58
Bethlehem, PA 18016